If you do not yet have an account, see: How do I get a Research Computing account?
Setting Up Your OpenAuth Token
- Visit https://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/oa to start setup of OpenAuth.
- A login box will appear. Log in with your FAS RC username and password (your username is not your email address or Harvard Key, it is the short username you initially set up when requesting an account. Example: jsmith )
- After logging in, allow a few seconds as the site generates your token.
- A page will be displayed outlining next steps
- Await an email. This email will contain a link to your personalized token. You can download the Java applet or use the QR code on that page to add your RC token in Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile
Since the site uses email verification to authenticate you, you must also have a valid account and email address on record with Research Computing. All OpenAuth tokens are software-based, and you will choose whether to use a smart phone or java desktop app to generate your verification codes. Java 1.6 or higher is required for the desktop app.
You will need to use OpenAuth when accessing the Research Computing VPN and logging into the FAS RC cluster.
Posted in: a. Login and Authentication
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Attribution.