NOTE: Shutdown of systems prior to power-off begins Monday 10/19/20 6PM
Each year our primary data center, MGHPCC (Holyoke), performs a full power shutdown for electrical maintenance. This year's downtime has been moved from June to October due to quarantine. This downtime requires us to power down all FASRC systems at MGHPCC starting the evening before. It also allows us a window to fit in maintenance that would otherwise require us shutting off various resources during normal operations.
Note that this power event will mean the termination of all running jobs as power to the entire facility will be out.
- October 19th - Evening by 6PM: All running jobs will be terminated and we will begin powering down all devices at MGHPCC/Holyoke.
- October 20th - Day Of: Power will be out the entire day as MGHPCC performs their work.
- October 21st - Following Day: We will perform yearly maintenance tasks after power-up begins and expect to be back to normal operations by approximately 8PM.
- No Office Hours October 21st
WHAT IS AFFECTED
- Resources in Holyoke will be affected for the duration of the event. This includes the compute cluster, scheduler, holyscratch01, storage, and other devices housed at MGHPCC/Holyoke.
- Resources in Boston and Cambridge, including storage, will also be affected during yearly maintenance work. Please plan accordingly as all resources will be affected at some point during the event.
- NO office hours on Wednesday October 20th
- A list of tasks to follow
Reminder: During the downtime, all jobs still running will be terminated on the evening of October 19th. As power will be out at MGHPCC, jobs cannot be paused. They must be stopped before we begin power-down.
We will notify the community via our email lists when we are back to normal operations. You can also check back here or on our Status Page