This is an all day maintenance event and involves all data centers.
FASRC's Winter maintenance will take place on Tuesday December 3rd, 2019 starting at 7am with an end ETA of 5pm. This maintenance downtime is an all day maintenance event and involves all data centers and nearly every service. Please plan accordingly.
All running jobs will be terminated by 7am start of maintenance.
Any pending jobs will remain pending until the scheduler resumes at end of maintenance.
Home directories, login servers, and the help ticket system will be unavailable all day.
List of maintenance tasks:
- User home directories - We will cut over to a new home directory server. This will be transparent to users once complete, but will require several hours for final sync.
- Login nodes will be offline due to home directories mounts moving (home directories are necessary for login)
- ALL custromer/lab VMs will be rebooted
- SLURM and Slurm master server upgrade - Scheduler will be offline until all work is completed.
- Lustre filesystem upgrades - Affects numerous LFS storage shares during the day
- Add $SCRATCH global variable - See details at https://www.rc.fas.harvard.edu/policy-scratch/
- HDR Infiniband updates - Affects numerous network connections in data centers
- Authentication and Domain Controller updates and changes
- Upgrade seasfs01, 02, 03 servers and upgrade networking on SeasDGX
- Ticket system database move - Ticket system will be unavailable most of the day
Please follow our Status Page on the day of the downtime for updates and progress.