Table of Contents
This seminar covers the various RC services and how to access them. The majority of the session is spent discussing Odyssey, our 60K+ core computer cluster:
- Access and Login
- Placing files, filesystems, and storag
- Selecting and/or installing software
- Determining resource requirements (time, RAM, partition)
- Writing SLURM submission scripts
- Troubleshooting, pitfalls, and acceptable use
- Methods for obtaining help
- IT, Data Security, and Data Usage Agreements (DUA)
Although we will touch on the documentation listed below, the goal of this seminar is to provide a unified synthesis of this material to help you understand how you can use the compute resources effectively & efficiently.
This regularly occurring class is a requirement for all new Odyssey account holders. If you do not take this class within 45 days of obtaining your RC/Odyssey account, your account will be disabled.
We encourage you to bring questions and your laptop -- a number of the RC staff will be on hand at the end of the seminar to help address any specific problems you may be having.
Revised, v2 materials: Intro to Odyssey slide deck
You should have already applied for and received your RC account username. To use Odyssey, we do expect you to know and understand basic Unix commands and concepts.
- Date: TBD
- Alternate Online Training: If a live training session is not available that fits your schedule, you can instead take our Intro to Odyssey Training Online
Please note that if you are working with confidential information or have a Data Usage Agreement (DUA), you must make an appointment with RC for a discussion on execution of the DUA and for further training.
HUIT IT security policy
VPR data security policy
Last updated: June 17, 2016 at 15:25 pm by Bob Freeman