This online training covers various aspects of accessing and using the FASRC cluster, our 80K+ core computer cluster:
- Access and Login
- Placing files, filesystems, and storage
- Selecting and/or installing software
- Determining resource requirements (time, RAM, partition)
- Writing SLURM submission scripts
- Troubleshooting, pitfalls, and acceptable use
- Methods for obtaining help
Although we will touch on the documentation listed below, the goal of this training is to provide a unified synthesis of this material to help you understand how you can use the compute resources effectively & efficiently.
Please note that if you are working with confidential information or have a Data Usage Agreement (DUA), you must make an appointment with RC for a discussion on the execution of the DUA and for further training.
Watch the Video
The Introduction to Cluster Computing video is divided into eight sections which move quickly. We urge you to watch all sections in their entirety but feel free to pause to take notes as needed.
If you are vision or hearing-impaired, please contact RCHelp and we will be happy to make alternative arrangements.
Last updated: May 6, 2019 at 14:37 pm