ITC Research Computing Associate
Paul earned his B.S. in Physics from the University of Washington in 2004. He received his Ph.D. in Astrophysics from the University of Minnesota in 2010. He then served as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Manitoba for a year before joining Harvard in 2011. Paul specializes in supercomputing and computational fluid dynamics. He has done research on modeling particle acceleration and radiation. He is also a collaborator with the WOMBAT astrophysical MHD project.
At RC, Paul assists researchers from the Institute for Theory and Computation and the Center for Astrophysics. He oversees cluster scheduling and fairshare allocation. He assists users with workflow optimization. He also helps to design and benchmark new computational and storage technologies and architecture on Odyssey.
- Mendygral, P. J., Radcliffe, N., Kandalla, K., Porter, D., O'Neill, B. J.,
Nolting, C., Edmon, P., Donnert, J. M. F. & Jones, T. W. (2017). WOMBAT: A
Scalable and High-performance Astrophysical Magnetohydrodynamics Code. The
Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, 228, p.23. 10.3847/1538-4365/aa5b9c
- Ferrand, G., Danos, R. J., Shalchi, A., Safi-Harb, S., Edmon, P. & Mendygral, P.
(2014). Cosmic Ray Acceleration at Perpendicular Shocks in Supernova Remnants.
The Astrophysical Journal, 792, p.133. 10.1088/0004-637X/792/2/133
- Kang, H., Jones, T. W. & Edmon, P. P. (2013). Nonthermal Radiation from
Supernova Remnants: Effects of Magnetic Field Amplification and Particle Escape.
The Astrophysical Journal, 777, p.25. 10.1088/0004-637X/777/1/25
- Mendygral, P., Porter, D., Edmon, P. & Delgado, J. (2012). WOMBAT: sWift Objects
for Mhd BAsed on Tvd. Astrophysics Source Code Library, p.ascl:1204.014.
- Kang, H., Edmon, P. P. & Jones, T. W. (2012). Nonthermal Radiation from Cosmic-
Ray Modified Shocks. The Astrophysical Journal, 745, p.146.
- Edmon, P. P., Kang, H., Jones, T. W. & Ma, R. (2011). Non-thermal radiation from
Type Ia supernova remnants. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society,
414, p.3521. 10.1111/j.1365-2966.2011.18652.x
- Edmon, P. P. (2010). Multidimensional diffusive shock acceleration in the winds
from massive stars. Ph.D. Thesis, p.. 10.5281/zenodo.1229606
- Edmon, P., Jones, T., Mitran, S., Cunningham, A. & Frank, A. (2009).
Multidimensional MHD Simulations Of DSA Using AstroBEAR. American Astronomical
Society Meeting Abstracts #214, 214, p.404.03.
- Edmon, P. P., Jones, T. W. & Kang, H. (2007). Time Evolution of Cosmic Ray MHD
Shocks and Their Emissions. ArXiv e-prints, p.arXiv:0706.0587.
- Gran, R., Berns, H. G., Buchli, M., Burnett, T. H., Edmon, P., Gran, R., Haff,
T., Lemagie, Muhs, E., Wheel, G. & Wilkes, R. J. (2003). The Washington Large
Area Time Coincidence Array. International Cosmic Ray Conference, 2, p.1065.