Research Computing Specialist
Plamen earned his Ph.D. in Theoretical Nuclear Physics from the University of Idaho. Then he worked as a postdoctoral associate at Texas A&M University where he researched neutron star properties and gravitational waves. Before joining Research Computing, Plamen spent three years at San Diego State University and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory developing high-performance shell-model computer codes with the SciDAC Universal Nuclear Energy Density Functional project.
- Krastev, P.G. and Li, B.A., 2007. Constraining a possible time variation of the gravitational constant G with terrestrial nuclear laboratory data. Physical Review C, 76(5), p.055804.
- Krastev, P.G., Li, B.A. and Worley, A., 2008. Constraining properties of rapidly rotating neutron stars using data from heavy-ion collisions. The Astrophysical Journal, 676(2), p.1170.
- Krastev, P.G., Li, B.A. and Worley, A., 2008. Nuclear limits on gravitational waves from elliptically deformed pulsars. Physics Letters B, 668(1), pp.1-5.
- Johnson, C.W., Ormand, W.E. and Krastev, P.G., 2013. Factorization in large-scale many-body calculations. Computer Physics Communications, 184(12), pp.2761-2774.
- Sammarruca, F. and Krastev, P., 2006. Effective nucleon-nucleon cross sections in symmetric and asymmetric nuclear matter. Physical Review C, 73(1), p.014001.
- Sammarruca, F. and Krastev, P., 2005. Nucleon-nucleon cross sections in neutron-rich matter. arXiv preprint nucl-th/0506081.
- Worley, A., Krastev, P.G. and Li, B.A., 2008. Nuclear constraints on the moments of inertia of neutron stars. The Astrophysical Journal, 685(1), p.390.
- Krastev, P.G. and Sammarruca, F., 2006. Neutron star properties and the equation of state of neutron-rich matter. Physical Review C, 74(2), p.025808.
- DeVries, P.M., Krastev, P.G., Dolan, J.F. and Meade, B.J., 2017. Viscoelastic Block Models of the North Anatolian Fault: A Unified Earthquake Cycle Representation of Pre‐and Postseismic Geodetic ObservationsA Unified Earthquake Cycle Representation of Pre‐and Postseismic Geodetic Observations. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 107(1), pp.403-417.
- Sammarruca, F. and Krastev, P.G., 2007. Spin polarized neutron matter within the Dirac-Brueckner-Hartree-Fock approach. Physical Review C, 75(3), p.034315.
- Krastev, P.G. and Li, B.A., 2018. Imprints of the nuclear symmetry energy on the tidal deformability of neutron stars. arXiv preprint arXiv:1801.04620.
- DeVries, P.M., Krastev, P.G. and Meade, B.J., 2016. Geodetically constrained models of viscoelastic stress transfer and earthquake triggering along the North Anatolian fault. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 17(7), pp.2700-2716.
- Li, B.A., Chen, L.W., Gearheart, M., Hooker, J., Ko, C.M., Krastev, P.G., Lin, W.K., Newton, W.G., Wen, D.H., Xu, C. and Xu, J., 2011. Imprints of nuclear symmetry energy on properties of neutron stars. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 312, No. 4, p. 042006). IOP Publishing.
- Johnson, C.W. and Krastev, P.G., 2010. Sensitivity analysis of random two-body interactions. Physical Review C, 81(5), p.054303.
- Bertulani, C.A., Huang, J.T. and Krastev, P.G., 2009. Non-inertial effects in reactions of astrophysical interest. Modern Physics Letters A, 24(14), pp.1109-1120.
- Li, B.A., Chen, L.W., Ko, C.M., Krastev, P.G., Wen, D.H., Worley, A., Xiao, Z., Xu, J., Yong, G.C. and Zhang, M., 2009, May. Constraining the EOS of Neutron‐Rich Nuclear Matter and Properties of Neutron Stars with Heavy‐Ion Reactions. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1128, No. 1, pp. 131-143). AIP.
- Li, B.A., Chen, L.W., Ko, C.M., Krastev, P.G. and Worley, A., 2008. Constraining the density dependence of nuclear symmetry energy with heavy-ion reactions and its astrophysical impact. arXiv preprint arXiv:0806.2355.
- Krastev, P.G. and Li, B.A., 2016. Nuclear constraints on gravitational waves from deformed pulsars. arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.05373.