Associate Director of Data Science & Research Facilitation (DSRF)
Raminder joined research computing in April 2018 to lead the Data Science and Research Consulting. DSRF group is responsible for helping researchers to run their computational workflows on the cluster. We manage job scheduler and cluster software and experiment with different technologies to provide analysis support on the cluster. Before joining, he was Project Lead for Beth Israel's Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation group where he was responsible for building data processing and data management solutions for biomedical data. He also has experience building solutions to process and analyze big data on high performance systems (HPC) and cloud infrastructures. Before moving to Boston in Dec 2016, he worked for Indiana University Research Technology for 8 years. He did his M.B.A./M.S. in Business Analytics from Kelley School of Business, Indian University and has working experience in Higher Ed. and Industry.
Raminder enjoys solving IT challenges and building technology solutions to facilitate research. Automation of scientific workflows and data management are big challenges in research and he is a contributor to the number of software open source projects to help solve this for different research domains.
- Ghaffari, N., Singh, R., et al. (2016). Computational Considerations in Transcriptome Assemblies and Their Evaluation, using High Quality Human RNA-Seq Data. Proceedings of the 2016 XSEDE Conference. Miami, Florida. ACM.
- Smith, C. W., Singh, R., et al. (2015). Enabling HPC simulation workflows for complex industrial flow problems. Proceedings of the 2015 XSEDE Conference: Scientific Advancements Enabled by Enhanced Cyberinfrastructure. St. Louis, Missouri, ACM.
- Erickson, B. M. S., Singh, R., et al. (2013). Enabling dark energy survey science analysis with simulations on XSEDE resources. Proceedings of the Conference on Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment. San Diego, California, USA, ACM: 1-8.
- Brookes, E., Singh, R., et al. (2012). Ultrascan solution modeler: integrated hydrodynamic parameter and small angle scattering computation and fitting tools. Proceedings of the 1st Conference of the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment: Bridging from the eXtreme to the campus and beyond. Chicago, Illinois, USA, ACM: 1-8.
- Guo, Z., Singh, R., et al. (2011). Investigating the Use of Gadgets, Widgets, and OpenSocial to Build Science Gateways. Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE Seventh International Conference on eScience, IEEE Computer Society: 31-38.
- Guo, Z., Singh, R., et al. (2009). Building the PolarGrid portal using web 2.0 and OpenSocial. Proceedings of the 5th Grid Computing Environments Workshop. Portland, Oregon, ACM: 1-8.