There are several ways to get help for issues that may arise within Research Computing.
- First and foremost is our online Resources and Documentation
- Help with and explanation of our services can be found here. You can also use the menu above to navigate our site.For cluster status, visit: https://status.rc.fas.harvard.edu/
- HUIT may be the answer for issues not directly related to the cluster.
- Harvard University IT is the place to go for many issues, including email and desktop support.
- Account: Access to many RC and Informatics resources can be requested through the RC Portal account request tool.
- Additional information on signing up and qualifications can be found here.
- Password: Reset your password with the password reset tool
- Password resets are a common request and a special purpose tool has been setup to assist with this.
- INSTRUMENTS / SPINAL
- For information on how to use and access SPINAL, see here.
- HELP TICKET: Submit a ticket via the RC Ticket page (login required) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The RC Ticket page allows you to submit an issue to the RT ticketing software used by RC to track issues. Comments and attachments can be submitted from the web page and outstanding tickets can be reviewed. Or, just like always, you can submit a ticket by sending email to email@example.com .
To help RC better help you, when submitting a ticket use the 5 W's as a guideline for your ticket description. Include the who, what, where, when, and why of your problem. The more targeted your description, the faster RC can diagnose and resolve the issue.
Common help requests include:
- I am locked out of my account. How do I unlock it?
- I had memory issues with my job (too much/too little). How can I fix this?
- I'm having problems logging into Odyssey. Can you help?
- My job is PENDING. Why?
- Real-Time Chat
- Live chat with Research Computing Associates. RC associates are online, Monday-Friday*, 9:30am-12pm and 1pm-4:30pm, and are available to help with quick questions that don't otherwise require a help ticket. Look for the chat widget in the lower right corner of this page or on the front page of the RC website.
* - Except holidays, Monday 10-11 huddles, or during staff meetings.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Attribution.