#

Gutman Library

(Cambridge, MA - April 6, 2006) - Gutman Library opened in 1972 on the campus of the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University. The building's principal benefactor, Monroe C. Gutman (Harvard College 1905), an investment banker, took a deep interest in education and funded a professorship in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard and established the Gutman National Scholarships in Harvard College. Gutman Library was the first library building built by the GSE since its founding in 1920. With the opening of Gutman, many of Harvard's enormous resources in education, developed continuously from the 17th century, were given a home as an integral part of the Graduate School of Education. Staff Photo Justin Ide/Harvard University News Office

Post navigation

Next monthly maintenance October 4th - [DETAILS]